Knitting My Thoughts Together

Basically Just showing off my latest knits

Thursday, July 27, 2006

NOT a happy hooker!!

*Recent Development* I finally came to terms that this jacket was just never going to look good on me and after its pieces had just sat in a corner for a year I finally just frogged the whole thing. I figured it was better to save some of the yarn for a project I would really use then either A) finish it but never wear it or B) throw it all out and have wasted money on still usable yarn.

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, I am taking a french 2 class this summer and it is kicking my butt! I am having to do homework and study non-stop. But during my few breaks I have been busy working on projects...my only happy escape!

Well I have been working on the Prepster jacket from the Happy Hooker book. I got all the pieces completed, it really wouldn't have taken that long except for my inability to work on one project at the time. So it has taken a long time. here are all the pieces before any sewing took place.

the back:


The front sides:


The Sleeves:


Then I set out to sew it all up. It didn't take very long at all. Then I got to try it on for the first time! and I ended up looking like a bad 80's working woman :( The shoulders and sleeves looked awful. So I am now in the process of ripping out the seams and resewing them in a fashion that I hope will make it look better. I have got on sleeve redone and it is looking much better...although i still don't think it looks good on me :( So i will continue to revise it and hopefully find a friend it will look good on so all my hard work won't go completely to waste

I will post a finished picture once it is done. I just wanted to post something since I have been slacking recently. I should have more up soon!

1 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Instead of sewing pieces together I have taken to crocheting and knitting them together (depending upon process of source item). My sewing seemed to make a perfectly executed set of garment pieces look like crap. Crocheting and knitting seams has fixed that. Just a suggestion.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I really appreciate your kudos on my jellyfish.

Adding you to my bloglines right snappy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home