Knitting My Thoughts Together

Basically Just showing off my latest knits

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

First Time Felting

Okay this this really isn't my first felted project. My first one was the Marley scarf from knitty.com. It turned out really great and was quick and easy to make. But this was my first big felted project. I made the laptop bag from Stitch n' Bitch nation but I changed the width of the side panels so it is more of a side bad. I want to use it as a carryon bag on plane trips.



But It was not as easy as I supected. Once I had it all knitted up which was easy enough I sewed all the sides together like the instructions said too. Then I throw it in the machine to felt it. Well the front and back panels felted down to 10 inches tall like there were suppose too but the width of them didn't do anything. So even after multiply cycles the panels were 10 inches tall and 20 inches wide!! Of course that was not going to work. So I had to rip out all the seams I had sewn up and then resew the panels so the bag would turn out an acceptable size. But now I am quite happy with it. I finished it by covering it with patches. I hope to someday only have patches from places I have visited on it. Right now the only patches that fit that are the I Love New York patch and the Underground patch from london. The rest I just bought at Hot Topic.



Once again sorry for the bad pics...I was feeling to lazy to get the bag laying perfectly striaght before taking the picture :/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home